I thoroughly enjoyed this interview with Mr. Ben Avison over in the UK, of Host City, where we talked about some of the following topics:
- The challenges of pulling off Tokyo 2020
- Social advancement and equity in sports
- My overwhelmingly positive experiences with joining public and private investment via the LA84 Games and LA84 Foundation
- How lessons learned from LA84 and other Games can potentially make LA28 one of the most successful Games in history
- A little bit of personal development advice that the public can use in their own lives, from an athlete's perspective.
Again, I thank Host City and Mr. Ben Avison for the opportunity to sit down and chat, which was a part of a greater program located here:
Host City 2021, the largest meeting of cities and sports, business and cultural events. View the full conference here: https://www.hostcity.com/host-city-2021-demand-content
Earlier this month, I joined CGTN's Liu Xin (Liuxininbeijing) on her show, "The Point with Liu Xin." In this interview, I explain that my position has been the same for the past 41 years, since 1980: the Olympic Games and politics do not mix, and boycotts of the Games have NEVER enacted positive political or social changes. In fact, they only harm athletes, and also cause even MORE political division and hatred between countries and their people.
There's a time and place for everything, and the Olympic Games remains a very poor choice for world nations to take their political arguments and disputes.
I was blessed and honored to be invited to the University of Massachusetts: Amherst for their "Executive in Residence" program. As part of this visit, I joined the Mark H. McCormack Department of Sport Management for a speech and Q&A session with interested students and faculty. We covered a variety of topics concerning sport management, administration, and even athletes' rights. I thank you again for the incredible opportunity to work with the next generation of athletes and sports professionals!
Official blog of author, athlete, and IOC official, Ms. Anita DeFrantz.